Predictive Coding Reduces Time and Cost of Regulatory Review Matter
A Fortune 250 energy services company with annual revenue of $14.5 billion.
A high-profile investigatory matter involving discovery requests from a state regulatory agency and a state attorney general.
- Review Services
- Consulting Services
- FindForward™ Analytics
Our client needed to conduct a high-quality, defensible investigation while protecting sensitive corporate information. Their regulatory agency relationship was at risk because:
- Their vendor was unable to deliver reliable, secure, high-volume document review and meet the expectations of the regulatory agency and attorney general.
- Existing keyword-based culling processes were ineffective within a collection from 100+ custodians/1.2 TB of raw data.
- There was unfamiliarity with technology that could expedite or enhance processing, culling, and review.
DISCOVERREADY RESPOND & COMPLY
With client and outside counsel collaboration we delivered review and consulting services powered by FindForward™ Analytics. These specifically included:
- Focused manual review of the most important and likely relevant data—delivered by review and project management teams experienced with efficiently handling detailed technical document collections under high-pressure circumstances.
- Predictive Culling™—applying decisions made during the high-priority custodian review to the remaining 1.6 million documents, eliminating the need to “train” the system through repeated sampling.
- Presentation and negotiation of protocols with the opposing parties—resulting in an agreement for a responsiveness threshold.
- Saved ~$2 million while meeting tight deadlines with high-quality, defensible review efforts. Classified 1.4 million documents in less than two weeks (with the first production in five days).
- Reduced the number of documents requiring manual privilege screening before delivery to the regulatory agency by 75% (from 1.6 million to 376,000).
- Reduction the number files passed on to human review by 40%, eliminating costs for unnecessary review of irrelevant documents.