- This event has passed.
May 31, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Know Your Data Webinar Series | Managing Sensitive Data in Discovery: Strategies and Tools for Avoiding Data Disasters
Some of an organization’s most sensitive and valuable information makes its way into litigation and regulatory actions, and for counsel handling eDiscovery in those matters, the threat of an inadvertent disclosure of highly confidential or privileged material looms large. One careless mistake in a routine discovery project can result in disastrous consequences—the obligation to report a data breach to regulators and customers, waiver of privilege, irreparable loss of intellectual property and competitive advantage, and unflattering media attention and reputational damage.
In this webinar, our experts will explore how clients, counsel, and eDiscovery case teams can minimize the risk of sensitive data disasters with thoughtful strategies, customized workflows, and the effective use of technology and analytics tools. They will discuss
- How eDiscovery risks have escalated in the age of “Big Data”—and how good information governance can mitigate those risks
- Ethical considerations for attorneys
- Case law and the consequences of inadvertent disclosures
- Leveraging technology and analytics tools to find and protect sensitive data
- Establishing discovery workflows that incorporate the protection of sensitive data
Pamela Butler O’Brien, Deputy General Counsel, Stewart Title
Maureen O’Neill, SVP—Discovery Strategy and Data Privacy & Security, DiscoverReady
Carolyn Young, Legal Technology Consultant, Advisory Services, DiscoverReady
Attend this webinar by completing Complete the form below.
DiscoverReady reserves the right to deny requests to attend the webinar.